The National Postsecondary Strategy Institute (NPSI) helps school districts develop their internal capacity to support every student toward attaining a successful postsecondary pathway.
Our holistic approach is based on the integration of three critical components:
- A district postsecondary framework & strategy
- A data strategy
- Engagement of counselors as leaders
NPSI is a mission-driven organization. We believe ALL students should be prepared for postsecondary success, whether it be completing a two-year or four-year college degree, a professional credential, or another pathway.
The National Postsecondary Strategy Institute (NPSI) offers customized engagement services to uniquely address the specific postsecondary work needs of school districts and organizations. For each engagement, NPSI develops a specific scope of work with associated costs.
- Assessments of existing college and career strategies to identify gaps and areas of improvement
- On-site facilitation to develop strategies focused on increasing students’ postsecondary outcomes
- Development of data strategies, indicators, and tools to inform counseling practices
- Consultant support to implement and refine strategies
- On-site training for counseling strategies and counseling/data partnerships
- Analysis of program data to inform continuous improvement
NPSI consultants all have first-hand experience working in a school district.
- Action plans and goal setting
- Needs assessments and gap analysis
- Student-focused counseling strategies
- Data collection and analysis
- Middle to high school transition
- Counselor time analysis
- FAFSA completion and monitoring
- Monitoring student/program outcomes
- High school graduation strategies
- Postsecondary and workforce readiness strategies
- Strategies for postsecondary matriculation, persistence, and completion
- Principal/counselor leadership
- Counseling/data partnerships
- Engaged data delivery systems
Joyce V. Brown
Joyce V. Brown is the president of Joyce V. Brown Consulting Groups—a group of expert practitioner counselor leaders who specialize in training and coaching counselors and non-profit organizations working on the front lines of schools.
Greg Darnieder is the president and founder of College and Career Strategic Directions, LLC, providing consulting services across the country to school districts, foundations, and nonprofit organizations focused on college and career strategies.